VoW's signature event recognizing best authors and books published in a calendar year in eight categories
A signature event where VoW acknowledges the authors, the best books published in the previous calendar year in eight categories: Hindi Fiction , Nonfiction and Translations from Bhashas of Bharat , English Fiction , Nonfiction and Translations from Bhashas of Bharat besides the best offerings in children’s’ literature and writings for Young Adults
VoW Book Awards - 2022
Valley of Words welcomed back its eagerly anticipated annual extravaganza in physical format after a hiatus of 2 years.
The 6th edition of the #VowLitFest and #VoWBookAwards, Dehradun's most keenly anticipated literary and cultural festival, turned out to be a melting pot of conversations, performances, debates, recitals & exhibitions involving 100+ Award Winning Authors, 8 Book Awards, a dozen Book Launches and more.
This 2022 edition celebrated diversity in bringing authors, books, conversations, debates, exhibitions, and much more. This edition, VoW inaugurated three new exhibitions — Iti Nritya, which showcased the beauty of our Indian dances from around the country; Iti Lekh, with bookstalls and publishers for afficiandos to discover new titles; Iti Naatya which brought forth theatre and recitation by school children from the Valley.
The 2022 edition featured:
* Inauguration by Hon'ble Governor Lt. Gen (Retd) Gurmeet Singh
PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, VSM
* Text, Context and National Interest
Shekhar Gupta and Sanjeev Chopra in conversation with
Hon’ble Governor of Kerala Shri Arif Mohammed Khan
* VoW Book Awardees including Rudrangshu Mukherjee (Tagore and Gandhi), Ira Pande (Amader Shantiniketan), Translator Brig Kamalnayan Pandit (Yaadon Ke Bikhre Moti: Batware ki Kahaniyan by Aanchal Malhotra), Ratna Manucha (Aai and I), Neelakshi Singh (Khela) & Mamta Kalia (Jeete ji Allahabad).
* Launch of Dr Sanjeev Chopra's book
We the People of the States of Bharat
Shekhar Gupta in conversation with Sanjeev Chopra
* Parliamentary Debate: "Double-Digit Growth is Possible Only With Urbanization?"
National Inter-School Debate
National Inter-College Debate
* A children's play entirely in Sanskrit
* A NABARD exhibition on GI products from Uttarakhand
Keynote: Hon’ble Chief Minister, Uttarakhand
Pushkar Singh Dhami
The festival was back at the Madhuban Hotel in 2022 with open-access to all sessions.